The Blog app is a great new blogging tool for schools.
Create blogs for both children and teachers.
Blogging in schools is an increasingly popular way to improve literacy skills and promote collaborative learning. The Blog app allows pupils to create a blog and write posts on any topic you wish them to cover. Their peers can read posts and add comments, and then you can publish any of these blogs directly to the school website.
- Avatar picture: Pupils’ School Merits avatar becomes their profile picture,
- Publish to school website: Either a whole blog or single blog post,
- Commenting: Teachers or other pupils can comment on each other’s blog posts,
- Bad word filter: You can ensure pupils are using the Blog app appropriately
- Improve literacy skills: Blogging is the perfect way for children to be creative with their writing, inspiring them to be expressive and also helping to improve literacy skills
- Eliminate paperwork: Instead of textbooks pupils can carry out most written tasks, from essays to answering questions, via their blog. Less textbooks means money saved
- Encourage collaboration: Children can learn from each other by commenting on each other’s blog posts and work together on projects by sharing blog posts and ideas
- Develop e-safety awareness: By writing, sharing and collaborating online, pupils can learn online etiquette, and understand how technology can be used to share and learn
Interested in School Jotter? Try it for free
You can start a free 30 day no obligation trial of School Jotter today, simply click on the button below to get started
Experts in School Websites & eLearning
Since 2003, we’ve been working with thousands of schools across the UK and worldwide to develop the best school websites and online educational software. Our core belief is that web technology has the potential to revolutionise learning, and the aim of our company is to provide learners in all sectors and at all levels with the necessary tools to realise this potential. As well as developing our own elearning products, we work with a range of partner companies to bring schools the most cutting edge software and services.