Charli Wiggill graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with majors in English and Physical Education, and then completed a Teachers’ Certificate in Whole Brain Development, Learning Methodology and Memory Development. Teaching at various boys’ high schools for 18 years, he promoted a balanced view of life that includes academics, sport and cultural activities. He marked English Literature for the KZN Matriculation Examination and was promoted to lead a department of English, gaining experience as an education manager. In the evenings, he headed-up and lectured the PGCE (Post-Graduate Certificate in Education) for Varsity College/UNISA.
Having been Deputy President of APEK (Association of Professional Educators of KwaZulu-Natal), he represented KZN education at national level, networking at the highest levels and acquiring valuable skills in education leadership. His extra-curricular and personal interests include sports (including Level 2 Rugby coach, KZN Schools’ Diving and Gymnastic Coach and an International Gymnastic Judge), music, art and drama. He is a published poet who encourages young writers by staging national poetry competitions. He is married to Jean, who runs her own studio, Just Dance, teaching modern dance, tap and 3 methods of ballet.
Middle School Staff
'An Innovative concept in education.'
* Afrikaans or Afrikaans (F.A.L.)
* isiZulu, French or Hebrew (S.A.L.)
* Natural Science: Science & Biology
* Social Science: Geography & History
* EMS: Bus. Economics & Accountancy
* Technology: incl. Computers
* Arts & Culture: Art, Music, Dance & Drama
* Life Orientation: incl. Physical Education
ADDITIONAL SUBJECT OPTIONS:
* Jewish Studies
* Specialist Art, Specialist Music, Specialist Dance or Specialist Drama
Believing in holistic education, the school has a wide selection of activities on offer, creating much opportunity for individual growth and team participation. At Eden, recognition is given for all achievements, including those attained in sports and activities not offered by the school.
Sports offered at the various levels include: Cricket, Hockey, Netball, Soccer (Boys' & Girls'), Tennis, Swimming, Athletics, Cross-Country, Playgolf, Judo, Squash and Karate.
Boasting a fine tradition in the cultural sphere, activities on offer include: Drama, Music*, Dance (Multi-Discipline), Debating, Public Speaking, Art Club, Chess, Drum Circle, Percussion Group, Choir, Eco-Club...
Other activity clubs include: Film Club, Photographic Club and Interact, amongst others...
Please note that certain of these activities are offered as optional extras.
* The Eden Music School boasts a number of talented music teachers who offer Piano, Recorder, Voice, Guitar (Classical, Electric, Folk & Bass), Strings (esp. Violin & Cello), Drum Kit and Theory of Music. In fact: Name the instrument and the music department will endeavour to source the best teacher available! External Examinations are offered for UNISA, Royal Schools and Trinity College, from Grade 1 up to the requirements for matriculation in Music