New Pupil Premium allocation April 2013 - 2014
This financial year, the school has received £12,000 for our pupil premium children. The money will be used to :
- Purchase 'numicon'; a visual maths resource which helps the children to become secure with number, the number system and aids rapid progress.
- Fund small intervention groups which will be monitored half termly.
- Provide training for teachers on the delivery of numicon and to further develop their teaching and learning skills so that they become outstanding practitioners.
- Fund a homework club which will run three times a week after school.
- Continue to enhance our ICT provision so that laptops/netbooks/iPads are readily available in the classroom to support learning and help children practise the basic skills.
- Support the use of Clicker 6 in literacy.
- Support booster groups in Year 6.
Pupil Premium Report September 2012- March 2013
- Last year we received funding for 13 children – 11 FSM and 2 LAC. (£9,920)
- The money was spent on TA support for small group intervention, supply cover for teachers to lead 1-1 progress meetings and on ICT investment to support learning in the classrooms.
We now have 6 pupil premium children in school and 2 LAC.
The SLT has put the following things in place to support these children :
- SLT have set high expectations of the staff and children.
- SLT have looked at Sutton Trust research to find the most effective ways to narrow the gap.
- There is a clear focus on high quality teaching and learning which is linked to staff professional development and peer learning opportunities.
- Half Termly tracking to highlight any underachievement and why.
- Half termly progress meetings with teachers to ensure good progress is made for every child. Pupil Premium children are highlighted.
- Half Termly reviews of the interventions in place to evaluate impact.
- A focus on challenge and differentiation in the classroom through training, observation, feedback and scrutiny of planning and children`s work.
- A focus on clear and effective pupil feedback and advice for improving their work.
- Robust performance management system in place with staff performance being reviewed termly.
- Pupil Premium is a half termly agenda item for the Governing Body and the Head Teacher is required to show evidence that these children are beginning to make good progress.
The outcomes for the children are improving each term and the gap is narrowing.