Who Are We? How Can You Contact Us? Picture Gallery
Senior Learning Mentor
I work both in school and in the Children’s Centre and have been a Learning Mentor for 10 years and the Senior Learning Mentor for 7 years. I work with children on a 1:1 basis, support families in need, deal with the transition to secondary school and oversee the attendance in school. I am also a designated Child Protection Officer in the School.
I have been a learning mentor in Barnet for 9 years. I work with children on a 1:1 basis, in small groups, run lunchtime and after school clubs, monitor attendance and support parents.
What Do We Do?
Essentially we support children and their families to remove barriers to learning by:
- Promoting the emotional well being of all children.
- Ensuring all children are safe and healthy.
- Enabling all children to make a positive contribution.
- Ensuring all children are enjoying and achieving at school.
- Supporting identified children to deal with anxieties and problems in and out of school.
- Supporting identified children with their behaviour and reducing exclusions.
- Support parents to support their children.
- Improving attendance and punctuality.
How Do We Do It?
This really depends on the child and the situation but we may do any of the following.
- 1:1 Interventions with a child.
- Small group work.
- Whole class interventions.
- Informal chats.
- Referral to agencies that may help.
- Direct work with families.
- Run a wide range of lunch clubs and a healthy Breakfast Club for all children.
- Advocate for parents and children by attending meetings addressing issues such as housing, CAMHS etc.
How Can You Contact Us? Download a Referral Form
If you are worried about your child and feel they would benefit from our support, there are many different ways of contacting us:
- Speak to us directly. We are available most days before and after school.Give us a ring 0208 883 0248
- Speak to your child’s teacher or support staff and they can point you in the right direction.
We can then decide together how best to support you and/or your child.
We look forward to hearing from you!