Learning for Life
Crowdys Hill School is a secondary special school for students with complex needs. We currently have 130 students on roll. I believe that as a school community we have much to celebrate. Our strengths include:-
- A positive relationship between students and staff.
- A dedicated and committed staff team.
- Excellent results with our students making major progress with their learning.
- Numerous opportunities for students to develop their vocational skills.
- A strong emphasis on the arts and leisure activities.
Our aim is :
- to provide students with an enriched and extended curriculum tailored to individual needs.
- to help students develop positive feelings of self-worth and confidence.
- to enable them to make a successful transition to adulthood and to be active and responsible citizens
- to help children understand the importance of truth and fairness, so that they grow up committed to equal opportunities for all.
- to enable children to have respect for themselves and positive self-esteem, and to be able to live and work co-operatively with others.
The curriculum at Crowdys Hill encompasses all the planned activities that we organise in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. It includes not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the range of extra-curricular activities that the school provides in order to enrich the experience of the children.
The curriculum reflects our commitment to “Learning for Life” and aims to
- Establish a safe, secure and supportive ethos
- Support our students in making healthy choices
- Remove barriers to learning so students can enjoy and achieve
- Ensure students listened to and encouraged to lead their own learning
- Support students in contributing to the wider community
My conversations with students and parents confirm that the school is a happy one. It is pleasing that the students are proud of their school and, as a staff, we are delighted with the excellent attitude they display towards learning. We very much believe in recognising achievement and celebrating our successes, both in the classroom and beyond.
We hugely value the support our parents/carers provide and we pride ourselves on clear, transparent and regular home/school communication. This new website will be updated regularly and we also use Parentmail, telephone calls and good old fashioned letters to make sure that we are all kept fully informed.