School Jotter 4.4 is here
Posted by: School Jotter Team
Release notes, Support
If you logged into School Jotter this morning, you might have noticed a few changes. Or perhaps not, a lot of what we’re doing is behind the scenes and designed to make School Jotter run better than ever.
- The way we display graphs has improved in our Surveys, Spellings, MIS Portal, and Merits apps.
- Stability, performance and security changes.
- The School Jotter app store can now be accessed via the blue + at the bottom right of the dashboard.
Why not try a new app to enhance the functionality of School Jotter? Many are available on a 30 day, no-obligation FREE trial!
Office 365 Integration
- Synchronisation has been improved when using multiple Office 365 calendars.
- Word, Excel and Powerpoint shortcut tiles display when that user has logged in with an Office 365 account.
Does your school use Office 365? Ask your account manager about our School Jotter / Office 365 integration.
- Slideshow captions can contain special characters and there is no limit to their length. (If your school’s website doesn’t support customisable header slideshows then call us to discuss getting a theme redesign. We can refresh, update, and modernise your school’s image at the same time!)
- Improvements to site search security and performance.
- Changes have been made to help improve SEO.
- An issue that prevented some of February’s webstat data from loading has been resolved.
- An issue that affected private page permissions has been resolved.
- An issue where apostrophes were occasionally shown incorrectly in emails that were sent out has been resolved.
- An issue where accordions could have an incorrect layout has been addressed.
Have you tried inserting an accordion to your website? It’s great for FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions.)
- Reliability of sending SMS text messages has been improved.
- A character count has been added when composing SMS text messages.
- Admin users can view and manage all learning sites.
- An issue with the styling of Wiki Resources has been resolved.
- An issue with the display of Animated Sequence Resources has been resolved.
- An issue with saving Link Resources in the resource manager has been resolved.
- Users that are disabled in SIMS will now also be disabled in School Jotter upon the next sync.
- Admins can now choose not to sync email addresses from SIMS for certain user roles. This is really useful if you store parent emails against student records in SIMS.
Purple Mash Integration
- Single Sign On (SSO) will now work for users that do not have their firstname and surname saved in their School Jotter profile.
- An issue where incorrect picture login passwords could be generated has been resolved.
- The address book will now show a count of how many contacts have been selected.
Don’t forget to press the ? icon to the right of your username at any time to bring the help sheets and videos up in an adjacent tab, this is especially useful for the All Apps Help section!