We all know that smartphones have taken over our lives, but did you know that 87% of the UK population used a smartphone in 2020 and the smartphone to population penetration was 72%?
With those numbers, it can only make sense for your school to take advantage of this to help increase parental engagement. But how exactly can this be done?
A mobile app for your secondary school could be the perfect solution, getting key messages out to parents, whilst also helping your school to run more efficiently and reduce costs.
How do school apps enhance communication for secondary schools?
With a school mobile app, you can significantly improve the quality of communication between your school and parents or guardians. If you do not have a robust communication strategy in place, chances are you will not be able to deliver superior-quality communication.
Here are a few ways in which you can work on your communication process with a school app:
- Simplify the onboarding process — For an app to be successful, you need to make sure as many parents and guardians as possible use it. With our school app, you can onboard parents easily. We offer full training to your staff so they can confidently help parents to get the most out of it.
- Reduce admin time — Using a digital solution to communicate with parents and guardians means there is a huge drop in additional costs from traditional communication methods, like printed newsletters and updates. It also saves a lot of time for your staff.
- Provide access to an integrated booking form for events and open days — you can save a huge amount of admin time alone with integrative bookings. Allow teachers to set their availability for parents evenings and open days, and parents can book a lot direct.
- Offer better targeted communication — You can send messages to those parents who have not responded to earlier messages, and thereby ramp up the engagement levels. Being able to know which parents have received or read your messages, further enables you to understand how active or engaged they are on the app. Accordingly, you can contact them when they come to the school to pick up their children or set an appointment.
Let’s consider the next question.
How does a school app help you save costs?
Here is a quick look at some of the cost-saving benefits that are offered by a school app:
- Saves on printing costs — There is a lot of paper used in the UK schools on a daily basis. Having a school communication app can boost your green credentials and make your journey towards a paperless future easier than ever.
- Saves administration efforts — Relying on students to pass on paper notes to their parents and then have the parents communicate with the school authorities can be a really cumbersome process. With a school app, there will not be any wasted communication with the parents.
If you too are considering a mobile application for your school, try School Jotter. Here are a few features offered by the app that are worth considering:
- Editable app — Schools can personalise their dashboard, adding and removing links relevant to the time of year
- Custom design — It pushes the school’s brand and ethos, no boring template look
- Syncs with website — It seamlessly integrates with the school website and helps to prevent any duplication of work and reduces workload
That brings us to our next question.
Why should you consider the School Jotter app?
Check out some of the key benefits here:
- Mobile centre enables you to contact and be contacted by individuals or groups of parents at no cost
- Get access to the latest news, updates, and information delivered to your mobile at no extra cost
- Add links to school policies and other important information.
- Save money with push notifications over a text service that needs to be topped up
- Syncs with website to prevent any duplication of work and reduces workload
Now if that has convinced you enough, contact our friendly professionals today at School Jotter and enable the parents and students to make the most from their School Jotter mobile school app.