Explore our Apps and see what School Jotter can do for you
School Jotter Products
School Jotter brings together your website, online learning, blogging, apps and parental engagement tools in one fantastic, easy to use system. You can have any combination of the following apps in your School Jotter account:
The Site app is where you create, update and maintain your School Jotter website. Choose a bespoke or template theme, then create web pages, add pictures and showcase your school to the world. Requires very little IT skill.
The UK’s most popular school website system, School Jotter has become so popular because it’s easy to use and allows schools to have attractive and intuitive school websites to promote themselves. Even the least tech-savvy teacher can create pages in minutes.
- Translate option: Translates pages to any language
- Website statistics: Analyse visitor numbers and page clicks
- School calendar: Display all your key dates in one place
- Bespoke designs: To reflect the colours and ethos of your school
- Simple layout: Adding content and pages is quick and easy
- Meet Ofsted requirements: Site is easy to use, allowing you to add all the information required quickly and easily. New menu options can be created for you to add your data
- Improve parental engagement: Translate allows you to communicate with parents whose first language is not English; attractive designs mean visiting your website will be a joy
- Eliminate paperwork: Instead of sending out newsletters, you can direct parents to your website. Absence forms can be created and submitted on your website too
- Promote your school: Your website will help advertise your school to potential parents. It can show off your greatest achievements and illustrate why they should choose you
- Save time: The Site app is so simple to use that even the least tech-savvy teacher can update the school website
The Learn app allows you to create learning sites to enhance your student’s learning experience and extend it outside of the classroom. You can add images, web links and flash programmes, or even embedded resources from the internet, such as videos, presentation or educational games.
Build learning sites and courses within a streamlined and easy to use interface. Use them for lesson plans, setting homework or completing assignments. Cover any topic and embedded resources like videos, collaborative wikis or self-marking quizzes. It's the slicker, simpler alternative to a VLE that's ideal for a school looking to get online without having to worry about the tech.
- Simple design: Learning sites can be created in minutes
- Embed resources: Learn integrates with the Resources and GGfL
- Secure location: Sites are online but only accessible by pupils or teachers
- Add quizzes: Create self-marking quizzes and add them to your sites
- Background themes: Make your sites engaging with a choice of themes
- Inspire pupils: Learn is easy to use, and makes learning fun
- Enhance learning: Learn in different ways, with video, audio and images
- Engage parents: You can allow parents to see any of the learning sites you create, and upload help sheets so parents can support their child’s learning at home
- Encourage collaboration: Pupils can message peers and collaborate on work or contact their teachers with questions if they get stuck.
- Save time: Once you have created learning sites, they can be used again and again. Sites can be built and embedded with content direct from our Resources or GGfL apps
The ePortfolio app is a secure online space where learners can create a profile, upload work and network with peers. Pupils create their own webpages to record their achievements or journey to become better pupils.
With ePortfolio, pupils can display their favourite pieces of work and proudest achievements in one safe, secure online location. As more work is added, ePortfolio becomes a digital map of learning - great for viewing, at a glance, how a pupil has progressed.
- An online space: Pupils can share their work with peers and the community
- Custom themes: Pupils can choose from a range of colourful backgrounds
- Teacher comments: Add a comment to any page, and give pupils feedback
- Intuitive design: Easy to use, and consistent with our other apps.
- Share work: Pupils can see each other’s eportfolios
- Inspire confidence: Give pupils the opportunity to be proud of their work and share their achievements with others
- Map learning: A pupil’s portfolio can create a digital story of their learning; with text, documents, images and videos, that are recorded for posterity
- Increase parental engagement: Share pupils’ work and achievements with parents and the wider community, and get them involved in your school
- Promote expression: Writing to an audience (pupils’ peers, who can read and comment on blog posts) encourages children to be expressive about topics they like
- Enhance learning: Build pupils’ confidence in online learning and allow them to see the benefits of technology, plus make their learning fun and engaging
Blogging is seen as a great way to engage reluctant writers and create a buzz about literacy. Your students are motivated to write good blog posts as the reward might be having their blog posted onto your school website. When the blog is posted, parents and the wider community can add comments, adding another morale boost.
Blogging in schools is an increasingly popular way to improve literacy skills and promote collaborative learning. The Blog app allows pupils to create a blog and write posts on any topic you wish them to cover. Their peers can read posts and add comments, and then you can publish any of these blogs directly to the school website.
- Avatar picture: Pupils’ School Merits avatar becomes their profile picture,
- Publish to school website: Either a whole blog or single blog post,
- Commenting: Teachers or other pupils can comment on each other’s blog posts,
- Bad word filter: You can ensure pupils are using the Blog app appropriately
- Improve literacy skills: Blogging is the perfect way for children to be creative with their writing, inspiring them to be expressive and also helping to improve literacy skills
- Eliminate paperwork: Instead of textbooks pupils can carry out most written tasks, from essays to answering questions, via their blog. Less textbooks means money saved
- Encourage collaboration: Children can learn from each other by commenting on each other’s blog posts and work together on projects by sharing blog posts and ideas
- Develop e-safety awareness: By writing, sharing and collaborating online, pupils can learn online etiquette, and understand how technology can be used to share and learn
The Resources app allows you to share materials you have created with teaching staff in your school and all other teachers who are part of the Jotter Learn community. Resources that you make can be used on as many learning sites as you wish, and be brought back for revision as required.
The Resources app can be used as your school’s own repository for resources, a cloud style drive, which can then be added to your learning sites within the Learn app. You can also search the many resources shared by the community, and quizzes can be created within the app to add to your learning sites. It's a storage solution with a shortcut for turning resources into quizzes.
- Readily-available resources: For you to start using straightaway
- Create your own resources: For you and other teachers to use again and again
- Integration: Use the resources in other apps
- Share resources: Cherry-picking from the best resources sourced by other teachers means the quality of your e-learning is higher
- Enhance learning: Use great quality resources that enhance the learning experience of pupils. Creating your own resources means they're tailored to your learners’ needs
- Save time: Save hours searching the internet for suitable resources - with hundreds of readily-available resources easily searchable within the app
Our School Merits app is an online instant rewards system that motivates your pupils to achieve their targets. Each child has an avatar that represents them online, and will appear alongside blog posts. Merits can be spent on avatar clothes and accessories, or spent in a customisable shop. A comprehensive report builds of each pupil and their improvements, which can be shared with parents to reinforce a home/school link.
School Merits is an online rewards system that makes learning more enjoyable than ever. Each child has an avatar that’s created within School Merits - good work can be rewarded with merit points, the School Merits currency. Merits can be used to buy avatar accessories, donate to charity or purchase other items of your choice.
- Customisable avatar: A character that represents each pupil online - an important part of e-safety
- Reports: Pupil progress reports can be generated and printed out
- Online shop: With avatar accessories and the ability to add your own items for pupils to buy
- Integration: Merits integrates with other apps from Webanywhere
- Improve behaviour: Because you can reward merits for good behaviour, pupils will be more inclined to work hard and earn merits to buy avatar accessories.
- Reward outstanding work: The Merits app can be used to give recognition to those pupils who go the extra mile, as well as highlight to you the ones who made need extra help
- Track progress: The reports feature means you can see what pupils are receiving merits for, and print reports on how well pupils are performing
- Improve parental engagement: Parents can log in at home and see how their child has done at school, helping them to reinforce good behaviour in partnership with your school
- Build social awareness: The option for pupils to donate their merits to charity gives you an opportunity to build awareness of real-world issues as part of everyday learning
Affordable Simple Pricing
School Jotter Standard
Standard website + Standard mobile app
School Jotter Bespoke
Bespoke website + Bespoke mobile app + Modules
*New Feature Messaging
School Jotter Deluxe
Bespoke website + Bespoke mobile app + Modules
Photography + video services + unlimited
Change request + unlimited content
Management + SEO website optimisation
*New Feature Messaging